Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Wrapper

Wrap, wrap, wrap
They call me the wrapper.
Wrap, wrap, wrap
You know what comes after.

Sorry, I slipped back to the 70's. There was a song back then where the lyrics were Rap, Rap, Rap they call him the rapper. Back then rap was slang for talking. Today it's a music form. But I digress.

One of my jobs at Christmas time is wrapping the presents. This year, I was using the "Wrap similar" method. That's where all the gifts to one individual was wrapped in the same paper as much as possible. Ooops. Barb's a "Variety wrap" kind of woman. So I had to change my method so there was a wide variety of wrapped presents under the tree. I also like to "Personality wrap" as well. This is where you use paper that reflects the receiver in some way. I had use the manly paper for the son's-in-law, kid paper for the grand-kids, festive paper for the females. Then I found out that Barb did not like the paper that I had used to wrap her presents. Double ooops. I had wrapped all hers in the same paper. Oh well. The paper didn't stay on long and in a day or two the trashman will be by to pick it all up.

So, what wrapping style do you use?

3 comments:

Dean said...

Why do people wrap gift's,isn't it justas nice to hand one the gift personal?

If they must be wrapped I prefer the color funny paper for wrapping so one can be amusied while waiting for it to be opened.

Monsieur Rodgers said...

Ah yes, the Comics as wrapping paper. Comes in especially handy for those large unshapely gifts.

Anonymous said...

Harold - I love your logic for the gift wrapping. I wrap stocking stuffers in this manner-same paper for one person. However, the "regular" gifts, I use the logic of personality paper as you do. Barb should be grateful you wrap the gifts! Next year, put hers in a brown paper bag and staple it shut! AND, I use comics, too! I like the way you think! You are much smarter than Barb is! :) Jayne