Sunday, December 10, 2006

My first Blogger post


It's amazing how technology has changed the way we communicate. In many cases, it has improved communication. Once upon a time long long ago, the primary method of communication was the letter. This method took days to occur. Later, it was the telephone. Immediate communication, but costly if the individuals did not live in reasonable proximity to each other. This method was in use for a long time and shared the communication world with the letter. Not so long ago, computers ushered in e-mail. It had many of the benefits of the letter, (thinking out what you said before you said it), and it had a much favorable turn around time provided the recipient checked his mail frequently. More recently IM, instant message, has become popular and it has the immediacy of the phone provided both individuals are logged in at the same time.

My parents have managed to adapt to the newer forms of communication and enjoy the benefits that e-mail and IM provide. The next step for them is "The Blog". I believe that much of what my parents send via e-mail to a small group of friends could also be done via the blog. The benefit with the blog will be:
  1. Photos can be a part of the blog
  2. Friends will be able to go back to previous entries and see the larger picture and perhaps catch up on what has been happening
  3. Friends will be able to provide feedback to different parts of the blog
  4. You can edit it later if you notice you've messed up
I don't see this as replacing their e-mail, but supplementing it and allowing for more content to be shared.

At this time, I am intentionally not completing my profile information due to the fact that my intended audience is friends and family who already know me.

I can direct family and friends to my blog by having them point their browser to HaroldRodgers.blogspot.com which is the name I gave my blog address when I created it.

To add additional posts, all that needs to be done is to "sign in" with the login and password that I created my account with.

For some reason, the Post time and date seemed to default to a time zone that I'm not in. Therefore, I had to click on the "Post Options" when working on my post to give it the correct time.

I couldn't recommend that they get into blogging without my testing the waters. So, here it is, my first blog post on Blogger. Come on in, the water's fine. We'll learn to swim together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Вкусненькое [url=http://sexatam.net.ua/tags/%EE%ED%EB%E0%E9%ED/]онлайн[/url] [url=http://sexatam.net.ua/tags/%E4%F0%EE%F7%F3/] дрочу[/url]
но посмотрите как мальчики целуют [url=http://modelyak.net.ua/tags/%E2%EB%E0%E6%ED%F3%FE/]влажную[/url] [url=http://modelyak.net.ua/tags/%EF%E8%F1%E5%F7%EA%F3/]писечку[/url]