Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Gas Jack

In Las Vegas they have Black Jack where you can loose large sums of money. Here, we have similar entertainment where you loose large sums of money. I'm not talking about the gambling sites that are in the area, I'm talking about hundreds of locations that you pass everyday. You are already spending big bucks when you visit them, why not have a little fun at the same time? I'm talking about gas stations. It's a little game I call Gas Jack. All you need to play is a credit or debit card which you probably already use to get your gas, a car that's in need of some fuel and a pay at the pump gas station. Here's how you play: 1) pre-determine a gallon or dollar amount that you are going to attempt to stop the pump at. Only whole dollar or even gallon measurements allowed. 2) Start filling the tank without using the auto shut off. 3) Only the first stop of the pump is allowed. 4) No fair slowing the flow of gas to make it easier to hit your pre-determined goal. Here is an example of my recent play. My goal was 8 gallons. I overshot my target by .004 which isn't bad. Send me your entry that comes closer than mine and I'll post it. I'll set up two categories to play, gallons or dollars.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why don't you just fill it till it's full?

Monsieur Rodgers said...

That's no fun. I need something to entertain me.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I went to the gas station yesterday intending to play "gas jack", unfortunately when I got there I had to pre-pay with the clerk for some reason. So I thought about sending my receipt in and getting first prize for getting it exactly right on the dollar amount, but didn't think that would be fair.

Monsieur Rodgers said...

Yes, that would be cheating. No one would know but you, but it would haunt you the rest of your life.

Wyza said...

You know, i went to get gas yesterday cause it was super cheap! But then i realized my tank was almost empty so i figured i would fill it full. So i couldn't place gas jack cause i wanted a full tank at a good price.