Thursday, March 1, 2007

Polite Bathroom Scales

My bathroom scales are polite. They're the digital kind of scales. You step on them and in a second the digital weight to the closest half pound displays.

Every morning when I step up on them they display my weight, 186. I step off and say "That can't be right." My scales are just trying to be nice, kind of like when you ask your spouse or a friend ... "Do these jeans make my butt look big?". "Nahh".

Well, my scales are just trying to make me feel good about myself. So I say, "Be honest" and step back on the scales...187.5. Now that's more realistic. I thank my scales and step off. Every morning, the same thing. My first ask is provided with a polite answer. My second one the realistic one. Hmmmm I wonder what "polite scales" go for on E-bay...Nah, I couldn't do that to my wonderful scales.

(The actual weight in this blog has been changed to protect the overweight.)

No comments: