Saturday, January 17, 2009

Diet Is The First To Go

You're probably thinking that I made a New Year's Resolution to diet among other resolutions and that I have now abandon my diet. Wrong.

I've discovered that diet pop freezes before other pop and water. A few days ago I pulled into the garage to find our mini-fridge door open. Upon closer examination I discover an exploding diet sprite had blown the door open sending ice shards throughout the immediate vicinity. It actually ripped the can open. Due to the extreme cold it was fairly easy to clean up since it appeared that the contents were never in liquid form outside the can.

I removed all the other Sprite Zero cans not wanting a repeat. I unplugged the mini-fridge and left the other pop and water in there thinking that the inside would not get as cold as the outside and that the other liquids would be safe. Wrong.

This morning about 7:00 as I lay in bed I heard a sound, not unlike something falling off a shelf somewhere. I ignored it and continued my rest. Later that morning I was informed that there was a mess to clean up in the garage. This time two, not one but two, Diet Cokes exploded, again blowing the door open. The car, being parked in the garage at the time, had the pleasure of experiencing it's first Diet Coke. The mess this time was more extensive and looked like the proverbial excrement had hit the fan. The water was also frozen and other soft drinks were very close but still, it was the diet that was first to go.

No comments: