Monday, December 21, 2009

Speed Up, You're Moving Too Slow

Back in the 70s Simon and Garfunkul sang
Slow down, you move too fast
Got to make the mornin' last
Just kicken' down the cobble-stones
Lookin' for fun, and feelin' groovy
That was when hippies were in abundance. My hair was long. I wore bib overalls. I was probably considered a hippie. I even hitch hiked from Indiana to Vermont and camped out in on a mountain top for a week.

Forty years later life has changed. I now live in the suburbs and daily commute to work. This past summer the state has improved a two mile stretch of highway turning it from two lanes into four. Every morning I get on that highway and am singing to myself.
Speed up, you move too slow
Got to make that gas guzzler go.
I'm not advocating speeding, I just wish they would go the speed limit. Instead of going fifty, they go forty. Instead of driving in the right hand lane, they drive in the left lane. It's driving me crazy! This has become one of my pet peeves. So, if' you find yourself driving down Indiana 23 between Main St and Brick Road, go fifty, or get in the right lane.

No comments: