Saturday, August 15, 2009

Amazing New York Dogs

Not far from here the fame of the Chicago Dog is well known. It's an all beef hot dog on a poppy seed bun with mustard, onion, Nuclear Relish, dill pickle spear, tomato, sports peppers and a dash of celery salt. That's a lot on a dog and it's not easy to eat without getting some of it on you. I digress since the New York dog referred to in my title is not a hot dog, but an actual dog.

Although I actually never saw these amazing dogs in New York City, there was a sign that referred to their existence. Actually I didn't see many dogs in NYC. I did see one peeking out of a duffel bag in Grand Central Station.

Any way, these amazing dogs are able to ride bikes. I would imagine that the bikes would be small bikes built especially for dogs. You see, I actually didn't see these bikes or the dogs ridding them, but I did see a sign referring to them. Not only were these dogs able to ride bikes, they also fed pigeons. I did see some pigeons in NYC, and while I didn't see dogs feeding them, I did see some people feed them. I wonder though if the dogs feed the pigeons while they are riding the bikes or at a separate time. Since I didn't see them, I really don't know. What I do know though is that these dogs are not well liked. People don't want them on their property. I guess that's only natural since dogs and pigeons have a way of letting you know that they had been there.

I wish I would have seen one of these dogs riding a bike and feeding pigeons, but all I saw was this sign.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've seen the bike riding pigeon feeding dogs before! It's amazing! ;)-Andrea

Anonymous said...

I think I've seen the bike riding pigeon feeding dogs before! It's amazing! ;)-Andrea