Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Lights, Christmas Love

Each year right after Thanksgiving I haul down the icicle lights from above the garage, check to make sure they are still working, brave the extension ladder to the peak of the roof and hang those lights in what is generally cold weather. Then shortly after Christmas I reverse the process and brave the extension ladder in what is generally cold icy weather, try to remove the lights without breaking the plastic clips that attach them to the gutters or shingles, try to get the lights back into plastic bags (the light strands have become stiff from being in the cold and do not like to bend quite so easy) and then haul them back up into the storage space above the garage.

The lights look so nice on the house during this season and the reason I do it is because I love....Barb. Even though they look nice on the house, I seriously question whether they would be up if it were not for the fact that I love Barb and want to please her.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

1 comment:

--- Tim said...

Please extend my gratitude to Barb for seeing to it that the world around her is a little brighter and filled with love…

_/|\_